Uncovering Latent Needs
- Government – for an iconic park in Singapore
- Singapore is well known for its’ iconic greenery … a city within a park. This requires continuous effort in purshing the boundaries in creating green urban experiences that enhances and enriches the lives of the Singapore population.
- Our mandate was to “leave no stone unturned” in understanding how various elements affect park usage experiences à uncover latent needs and frustrations.
- Deep were the insights required, and wide we had to cast the net as the park catered to numerous segments.
- Findings had to be validated via a large sample to justify government investment.
- Asia Insight remains proud to play an instrumental role this important initiative.
- A cross-segment sampling grid was cleverly designed to effectively cover various segments, from old to young, families to singles, from hobbiest to enthusiasts.
- The study was designed to capture the “moments of truth”, via the use of contextual observations and indepth probing.
- Innovative online voting to measure popularity of suggestions as they streamed in from accompanied park visit sessions.
- A suite of exciting new ideas were generated, which prompted serious considerations for immediate upgrading plans. Today, we are proud to see the implementation of many of these ideas across Singapore.
- Aligned with the recognition that Singaporeans’ lifestyle needs have evolved to include multiple facets of interest, our findings provided segment-centric recommendations, not only for key obvious segments, but also instrumental others.
Comments are closed.