Tracking the great auto migration in China
- A Fortune 500 European brand of luxury automobile
- Being a leading auto brand globally, our client aims to be in the forefront of conquering new territories and entering new markets. At the time of the study, China was a relatively young car market, especially luxury car segment! The challenge was to grab market share by enticing car owners to upgrade to luxury vehicles.
- The market was large but fragmented, with limited information available. Past and current ownership unrecorded, future intentions were unmapped.
- This is a loyal client that Asia Insight has served for more than 10 years and for whom Asia Insight has conducted insightful studies across many Asian countries. The commissioning of this important study proved to be another successful milestone in our partnership.
- A comprehensive market sweep was done covering more than 7000 consumers in 11 Tier 1 and 2 cities
- Rigorous design to ensure segment sizes could be measured.
- A revolutionary way of segmenting the market by budget instead of by car model provided insights on overlapping segments and unmet needs.
- Our client gained ground-breaking knowledge as migration patterns of car buyers. This is a pioneering study where such information was mapped out for the first time.
- Today, our client is a leading luxury brand in China, cornering a strong foothold in the auto market. This study laid the foundation for anticipating future consumer demand trends, and provided strategic direction for marketing plans.
- A user-friendly data mining tool was also developed for client’s use, allowing easy slicing and dicing of the market for specific insight needs.
Comments are closed.