Finding New White Spaces for Growth
- A global leader in home electronics, especially lighting products
- Innovation, growth by finding new spaces to occupy, creating new products … are at the heart of our client’s strategy. A leader never stays still but keeps pushing the boundaries further out, and seeking new markets, new areas of growth.
- Our client has developed a new light bulb concept that offered a suite of exciting and novel features.
- China was aptly targeted as a market due to the property boom, yet it was important to understand this complex market’s level of knowledge, needs and usage of lighting to gauge receptivity.
- Product test and observation was conducted in Shanghai.
- The study was conducted in a manner that allowed respondents have a first-hand experience of the product.
- Appropriate screening criteria were carefully designed to ensure genuine potential customers were recruited based on their usage and attitude towards home improvement.
- The study uncovered golden nuggets of insights which allowed the client to differentiate its’ product from competitors. This allowed our client to craft a powerful message and own a white space that was unoccupied by existing competitors.
- This discovery was critical as our client continues to try to stay ahead of the game and push the boundaries of innovation, introducing new and exciting features to attract sales.
- On top of gauging acceptance, client was also able to obtain specific understanding of current lighting usage for different purposes, thereby contributing to future product development.
Comments are closed.