As smooth as a baby’s skin?
- A Japanese manufacturer of baby toiletries
- Asian countries undoubtedly offer companies promising market potentials, and our client set their eyes on 6 South East Asian countries to market their new baby toiletries products.
- Yet, the unique difference and strong culture of each country cannot be underestimated. This is especially because tradition is typically held strong in caring for a baby and it strongly affects products usage and consumption as well.
- Needs of mothers in each country were explored via Focus Group Discussions that allowed in-depth understanding of usage and attitude towards baby toiletries.
- An extensive quantitative study was then conducted across the major cities, including Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Jakarta, Surabaya, Bangkok, Saigon and Hanoi to scale the needs and possible issues identified in each country.
- It was found that what made mothers tick in one country -such as eye-catching packaging or natural ingredient- can be totally insignificant in another country.
- To prepare for a successful launch, client was able to identify the winning product concept and gauge the potential market size through nationwide projection.
Comments are closed.